Cihelná Street forms an arch around the Vltava river and both its ends open to the U Lužického Seminary.

Cihelná translates as ‘Brickyard’ as in the location of the street there was formerly a clay oven for used for burning bricks and making roof tiles.

The most famous processor of this raw material and also the owner of the brickworks was Ing. Leonarg Berger. He built his brickwork here in 1781, which today is house No. 102.  That is why the street was called first, in 1780 – 1870 U Cihelná.

Mostly, today, it is used by tourists as access roads from Klárov to Charles Bridge or Kampa, as well as having a highly rated restaurant located in the converted brickworks, Hergetova Cihelná. Hergetova Cihelná has one of Prague’s hottest riverside spots with a terrace offering views of Charles Bridge and the Old Town.