Living in Prague definitely has its quirks. Here are some of the things all expats know about life in the city.
- You have to remove your shoes when you enter a Czechs home… It’s basically the law.
2. Not all public toilet doors lock, and there seems to be no reason why.
3. Waiting at the checkout can take a ridiculously long time… And the cashiers will never open a new till to speed things up!
4. So Much Bureaucracy! It’s infuriating and the paperwork seems endless.
5. Drinks in supermarkets are never refrigerated! Yes, it’s cold outside, but who wants to drink warm fruit juice?
6. Taxi drivers try to overcharge foreigners with the craziest prices! Even when you tell them you live here and know the correct price, they still try to lie.
7. Dogs are everywhere…
8. And it’s amazing!
9. When you first arrive and try to speak Czech to a local, they look at you like…
10. God help vegetarians. Czechs are fans of meat, and tasty vegetarian options are not always available.
11. The buildings are so beautiful. When you visit your home country, you can’t help but be disappointed by the lack of breathtaking architecture.
12. The selection of Asian cuisine is amazing!
13. And Finally, Czechs kinda suffer from resting bitch face…
14. But once you get to know them, they are super friendly.