Erik Qualman, author of Socialnomics has published a video that, we have to admit, is full of sharable insights
Here are some interesting fact that might surprise (or alarm) you!
- 53% of millennials would rather lose their sense of smell than their technology.
- More people own a mobile device than a toothbrush! (According to our research there are about 6.4 billion cell-phone subscriptions which doesn’t mean anything and could be someone having two phone for example, the research shows that almost 5 billion people have at least one cell phone but the horrible fact is that using these statistics that we found, only about 4.5 billion people use a toothbrush.)
- Each day 20% of the terms typed into Google have never been searched before.
- Every second, 2 new members join LinkedIn.
- The LinkedIn age limit has been lowered to 13 (we have to ask: why??)
- Grandparents are the fastest growing demographic on Twitter.
- 53% of people on Twitter recommend or hate products in their tweets.
- 93% of shoppers’ buying decisions are influenced by social media.
- 90% of consumers trust peer recommendations – only 14% trust advertisements.
- The 6 second vine is the new 30 second commercial.
- The average person has a 7 second attention span, a second less than a goldfish.
- Real time marketing and news jacking are becoming staples for savvy brands.