The Hotel Clementin is Prague’s narrowest surviving building: the facade is 3,28 meters wide. Built as a town-house around 1360, it retains many of its original gothic features as well as those of subsequent reconstruction: renaissance, baroque, and finally classicist.
While retaining much of its original charm, it has been thoroughly modernized to offer all the comforts of a 4* city center hotel.
Building history of this house is uncertain, lay-out of the city, however, shows that the house was developed by a supplementary division of a larger neighboring building. The oldest part of the house is a Gothic cellar with an unusual massive wall, where also a part of a stony, certainly medieval vault, remained preserved. Until 1433 the house was obviously part of the neighboring house No.175, whose part was probably the cellar space.
After following connection with number 175 in 1627 the house had the same facade. Probably in the 17th or at the beginning of the 18th Century, the house became totally independent. At that time the house was increased by a 3rd floor.
Hotel Clementin is situated in Seminářská street, just 200 meters from both the Charles Bridge and the Old Town Square.